FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to do on board, then?
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2006, 6:03 am
KenJohn

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Books, magazine and puzzle books are the same price at airside shops as they are in high street shops. At the moment, you can still bring these purchases on board flights as long as you have a till receipt that you bought these airside.

Originally Posted by FF
Not to / from the US, or so it seems from the AA / BA travel advisories. So no books etc from airside shops.
I bought a book, a pen and 2 magazines for my BA flight on Friday 11 Aug for my flight from LHR to T4 to JFK. Are you aware of different rules for AA? If so this is a topic for the AA thread not the BA tread.

I saw many passengers; reading, working on puzzle books, sleeping and watching the in-flight entertainment. Really, you are only missing out on using your laptop.

Really, the irritation is more to do with BAA slow processing of hold security. You do have to check in at LHR at least 3 hours before scheduled departure time (I am using C and F check-in queue waiting times here; not Y which is far worse) you sure that your hold bags do make it on board the plane. WW was correct to criticise BAA for this. Business travellers are likely to be irrate landing without their laptops/blackberries, women arriving without their make-up, US residents without their house keys or car-keys.

Personally, I think that cancelling travelling plans because of a general threat is to let the terrorist win (a British stiff upper lip approach and I am not even British, although I have lived in the UK for a long time).

However, we do not need terrorist to screw thing ups when we have the likes of BAA efficiency and its slow ability to respond to heightened security measures to generate travel chaos for the public.