FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If liquid/gel ban stays - Hotels could provide toothpaste, Hair gel, contact solution
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:35 am
COS_Flyer

Programs: WN RR, UA M+, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Whining? You must be kidding, right? After waiting for almost 3 days for my YYZ-LCA luggage to show up, I should be excited about checking stuff in, and waiting 30, 45 or sometimes even 90 minutes for my luggage?
Hear, Hear. The last time I checked a bag, it was on a direct flight between DEN and ORD. No issues about bag transfers at a connection - and I arrived at the ticket counter more than an hour before the flight. And that wasn't the worst of it - UA had like 4 more flights going DEN to ORD after mine that same day, and couldn't get my checked bag on any of them. UA finally delivered the bag to the hotel after I had to check out - I had to come back by the hotel after my meeting to pick it up on the way back to the airport.

The time before that, I was travelling on AA thru DFW to PNS, and the RJ my family and I were on was weight-restricted out of DFW. At least AA managed to get the bags on the next flight.