FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions needed - involuntary downgrade but I want a seat in F!
Old Aug 9, 2006, 3:27 pm
starlight

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Cent, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hilton Diam(given it though I'd never stayed in a Hilton)
Suggestions needed - involuntary downgrade but I want a seat in F!

Hi everyone. I am new to posting here but have flown with BA for years and have read the threads for some months with considerable interest.

I know you guys can be pretty harsh to new members who ask obvious questions but I have had a look and can't find an answer to my dilemma so please bear with me!

I need some help, please:

I purchased a J-class ticket from LHR-IAH a couple of months back for travel in November and upgraded to F with miles (I have hundreds of thousands of miles and wanted to try and get rid of them).
BA sent me an e-mail a few weeks ago saying my flight had been cancelled but my 'seat request' (I didn't request a seat - I was just assigned 2A on upgrading) had been carried forward to the new flight and I remained in 2A.
What they failed to mention is that they have changed the metal to a 767 and have removed the F service. F is still offered from LGW-IAH but there are now no upgrade seats available on the LGW route.

I do not want to travel in Club and am a bit ticked off that that they didn't tell me my cabin had been removed and what's more, they have kept my 50,000 miles!

I have spoken to Customer Services who are "looking into it" but I would like to ask them to change my flights to leave ex-LGW and place me in F (there are seats available, just not upgradeable ones). Do I have any rights and what do you think I should do??

If this stuff has just been posted on another thread, please be gentle with me!!!

Last edited by starlight; Aug 9, 2006 at 3:40 pm