FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aweful Ground Agents at TXL
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2006, 4:35 am
latitude

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
You vill obey ze rules or you vill be shot! Every time I have flown into/out of a German airport in recent years (OK it's only been four times, all at FRA) I have encountered obnoxious ground staff, to the extent that I now give the place a wide berth. They certainly appear to have more than their fair share of control freaks. The strange thing is, I have met some absolutely wonderful German people in everyday life.
I agree.

A few months ago, I was coming out of Berlin back to the UK. My seminar was over early (was on an I ticket) so I thought, well I'll see if they will slot me on an earlier flight.

Asked, was told no. Fair enough. Sit in the lounge for 4 hours (could have got very drunk on BA but was driving when I got back to LHR ).

Got on the original flight. Sorry sir, we don't have you listed on here, our records show you got the earlier flight and we don't have a meal for you

However - someone else declined food and I was able to eat.

Looks like someone moved me to an earlier flight, but someone else said no It was all very rude and abrupt, and left me feeling not very pleased with the whole experience.