FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embraer RJ145 Seat Question
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2006, 2:59 pm
redtailshark
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by zjacoby
I am flying TUS-IAH-SDF tomorrow. All on RJ145's. I orginally had seat 2 A for both legs but decided to switch to 12 B for both legs due to the exit row. Is this a smart move? Is there that much more room in the exit row on these RJ145's? I know with 2 A, I at least got the aisle and it was less crowded. What do you FT's think?

-ZBJ
When forced I go with 12A. But the best tactic is to book away from the RJ, I don't like the TUS-IAH ride on the toothpaste tube. I see during some periods in the fall this isn't possible: 4 daily TUS-IAH services, ALL ERJ! But then, sometime in the winter, the schedule ramps up to 1*733, 3*735 including the seasonal EWR redeye service, and one RJ.

There's always the solitary daily redtail 319. It's OK leaving TUS but returning is no fun. Departing anywhere east means a 4am reveille to make the connection to 884 in MSP.

So. 4am reveille or the COEX RJ (12 A or not)? That is the question.

RTS