FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel suggestions for late-evening arrival in PVG
Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:37 am
Skyman65
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

Since we will be catching the bus in the XuJiaHui area in the AM, I think we will just head there in the evening we arrive to avoid fighting rush hour traffic from the Airport in the morning.

Originally Posted by Peter N-H
There's accommodation in the airport itself, at the Huoji Lou Jishi Binguan, which I haven't inspected, but which is Y60 per hour up to five hours, and Y360 overnight. You can reach it directly on arrival from the restricted areas when using domestic flights, and from a counter near gate 7 on the first floor if you are arriving or departing on an international flight.
Thank you, Peter. It is good to know about the airport hotel. We may stay there or at the Jinjiang Zhi Xing as you suggested on the night before we depart 上海 , since we have an AM departure flight.

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Based on your arrival time and your AA affiliation, I am going to guess that you are arriving on the JAL flight NRT
Very astute observation, as usual. You are correct. PDX-SJC-NRT-PVG was about $400 cheaper than PDX-ORD-PVG on AA. And our eVIPs cleared at booking for the SJC-NRT hop. I don't mind the short-hop coach flights on AS and JL for the connecting flights. I just hate crossing the ocean in Coach.