FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bonus Points Posting?
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2006, 6:07 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Originally Posted by Brendan
Wth, the official Hyatt T&Cs say that one must request the promo code before or during the stay, but Hyatt CS has not enforced this. The reps will add the bonuses retroactively when we call to say that we forgot. TG1965 & Bondiboy are concerned that they may start making us prove that we did request certain bonuses properly in the first place.

OTOH, if a certain bonus is supposed 2B automatic for everyone, I, like U, see no risk in being more assertive.

I appreciate your response and your POV given how you understand the T&C. And, I would agree except....... I read (and just reread) the T&C for the bonus promotions (copied below) and see nothing that even remotely suggests that I need to request the promotion code. Am I still missing something?

Bonus Offers Terms and Conditions

Offers are valid at participating hotels listed. All hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Guest must pay an eligible rate. An “eligible rate” is any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to the hyatt.com rate, prevailing rack rate, AAA and senior citizen rates, etc. Ineligible rates are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Internet wholesale rates (such as priceline.com, hotels.com, etc.), traditional wholesale rates (such as GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee rates, travel agency employee rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time).Promotional blackout periods may be in effect during certain time periods, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply, including, but not limited to length-of-stay and close-to-arrival requirements. Additional guests may be subject to additional hotel charges. Offers are not combinable with other promotional offers. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this program at any time. The availability of hotel stays at some destinations is subject to government approvals, regulations, restrictions and applicable taxes. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts encompasses hotels and resorts managed, franchised or leased by two separate groups of companies – Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates and affiliates of Hyatt International Corporation. © 2005 Hyatt Corp.

Gold Passport Bonus Points
Guest must choose Gold Passport points for their stay and pay an eligible rate. Only one bonus may be redeemed per member, per room, per stay. Please allow 6-8 weeks after stay for bonus points to be credited to account. Offer is subject to the normal Terms and Conditions of the Gold Passport program.