FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Maui, Ka'anapali, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Aug 2, 2006, 3:11 pm
Ursa_Atlantis

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Plat.
Sheraton Maui - Consolidated Room/Suite Information

I'm headed to the Sheraton Maui in a few weeks. I've compiled the info below to try and sort out what type of room/suite upgrade and location I should shoot for. I pulled the information from related threads and the hotel's site.

Any recent first-hand advice on the type of upgrade I can hope for/expect as a plat on an award stay? The pool is not a priority for us -- we'd rather sit on the beach or lounge in our room, checking out the views. Hoping to avoid noise, crowds and kids as much as possible.

It sounds like buildings 5 and 6 would be the best bets, so I guess I'll beg for one of the Deluxe Ocean Front suites, although I don't have high hopes of getting it. What should be my second choice? Anything (other than the garden view) I should avoid?

Thanks for the help, and I hope these lists help others.
-Ursa

Suite Options
Suite Name.............Quantity....Building

Ohana......................20.............1
Junior.......................10.............2
Ocean.......................5..............3&4
Deluxe Ocean Front.....8..............2,5&6
Ali'i...........................1..............Unk nown

Room Options
Room Name...........Quantitiy....Building.....Features

Ocean Front...........76..............3&4.............Vi ews:Ocean, Black Rock
Ocean View............112.............3...............Vi ews: Kaanapali Shoreline, pool
Mountain View.........36..............3...............Views :Mountains, golf course
Garden View............50..............3..............."a uthentic Hawaiian furnishings"
Deluxe Ocean Front..104............5&6.............Microwave ovens
Deluxe Ocean..........84..............2...............Non e listed

Building Information
Building 1 (Hale O Ka 'Ohana) Rooms 1101-1210 - No information
Building 2 (Hale Lahaina) Rooms 2101-2521 - No information
Building 3 (Hale O Ke Anuenue) Rooms 3101-3634 - Short walk to the pool, limited privacy, lots of stuff (lawn, swimming pool, restaurant) between you and the ocean
Building 4 (Hale O Ka Nalu) Rooms 4103-4611 - Limited privacy, lots of stuff between you and the ocean
Building 5 (Hale O Na Hoku) Rooms 5101-5111 - No information
Building 6 (Hale O Ka Moana) Rooms 6101-6526 - Faces Black Rock. Quieter, 5-8 min. uphill walk from pool