FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your award booking experience in C and F
Old Aug 1, 06, 11:10 pm
fradoc

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
- Which route/airline did you book and which class?
1. ROC-ORD-DUS//DUS-ORD-ROC C for me in November
2. ROC-ORD-DUS//DUS-ORD-ROC C for my wife in December

- How many pax and how many award miles?
1. 1 pax 81K (10% off voucher)
2. 1 pax 90K

- How many days/weeks/months did you book in advance?
1. 8 months
2. 7 months

- Have you been able to book your preferred dates of travel?
1. Yes. Interestingly, the LH site showed no award availability for the outbound leg on friday. I called LH and they told me that there is a seat available (opened up one?). At that time there was no availability ROC-ORD-ROC (BTW: try to book a flight to ROC on LH.com, impossible! For LH.com "ROC" does not exist ). I called some weeks later (after ticketing) and after one hour on the phone they managed adding on the domestic legs. Interestingly, they charged me twice for the $ 40 service fee (hmm, should call them). It appeared like they booked another new ticket that they cancelled afterwards.
2. Yes. No problems.

- Were you happy with the award booking procedure (e.g. online/by phone)?
Yes, very much. I never booked an award tix before and I was surprised about the opportunity to put the booking on hold for three weeks and the flexibility of the tickets. I was really glad with the good service (CPT ) for the add-on. They also were able to assign me a seat next to my wife (I will be on a paid ticket). The only thing that sucks a little bit is that there is virtually no chance to get a domestic F seat on UA. The problem is that UA does not waitlist *A award tix. Once the seats are opened -ratz-fatz!- all the UGSs/1Ks will get their u/gs unununununn-feddich! I could not even get a E+ seat for my wife.

- How often did you have to check/call until you got the seats?
The C seats were available right away in both cases. [/QUOTE]