FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FlyerTalk scoops the world with news report!
Old Jul 30, 2006, 10:12 pm
Dovster
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Cholula
Not only are we the premier source for the best information on maximizing miles and points, we are also home to some of the closest personal relationships on the Internet.
Apparently that cessation of Israeli strikes has been extended to 48 hours and, de facto, includes most shelling (I hear now only the rare shot).

Naturally, I took advantage of the hiatus to try to further FlyerTalk's reputation as the "home to some of the closest personal relationships on the Internet."

To that end, I wrote the following Private Message:

I can't start to tell you how much the posts you have made on this thread have meant to me.

They show a warmth and compassion demonstrated by few others. You are, unquestionably, an extraordinary woman and I am certain that were we to meet in person I would find that your deep inner beauty is merely a reflection -- in fact, a pale reflection -- of a physical beauty which would cause the goddess Aphrodites to become sick with envy.

I can't imagine there being another woman on the face of the earth with whom I would rather spend some time. It would be pure heaven to walk with you in the moonlight, to have a candle-lit dinner in some intimate cafe, or to taste the intoxicating sweetness of your lips.

Please do not deny this to me for even a single moment more. Let me know where we can meet and a mere commercial airplane will turn into the wings of love and carry me to your side.
I then sent copies of it to every woman who has posted on this thread.

The responses have been astounding! They included such terms as creep, sicko, restraining order, and I sincerely believe you are in need of serious psychiatric help.

There were, however, a few which raised my hopes.

"Don't wait," it said, "fly immediately to Paris."

Unfortunately, it wasn't sent by CDG1 but rather by aucarol in Alabama.

cbalaska, in FLL, advised me to visit in the autumn, during the heart of the hurricane season, as "you will feel right at home alongside all the other blowhards."

Hello Kitty in Brooklyn suggested that I wait for her on the corner of Market and Freemont streets. That really made me optimistic -- until I discovered that they are located in San Francisco.

But perhaps the most disappointing reply of all was the one I got from Helena Handbasket:

"I have no objection to meeting you for a drink sometime, but as I told you in reply to 15 earlier PMs you sent me, despite my user handle I am a happily married man."