FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - new DL CEO says airline will only accept long-term pilot contract
Old Jan 30, 2004, 4:36 pm
milemaker
Suspended

Doesn't matter if they dont love the job. There are others that would. In addition, many would be so happy to make six figures they would take it in a heartbeat. ALPA thinks they are so powerful until they get run out on their ear. It would only take one airline to break them and they would crumble very easily.

Of course you'll always have your union loving folks who are too ignorant to understand economics and would therefore refuse to cross a line. So what, there are plenty to take their place.

These old fashioned airline people who refuse to acknowledge that the good old days are gone need a wake up call. Todays passenger demands a bus with wings. Therefore, all these pilots better realize they are becoming glorified slightly higher paid bus drivers and THATs IT!!! Sorry, but facts are facts. Living in another world and denying a pay cut is necessary because it will affect the stupid financial decisions you have made does not make it right or so.

The end is near for the DL pilots and holding out only makes things worse in my opinion. Roll up your sleeves and get the company profitable and when doing so, demand you get 10% profit sharing pre-tax on future earning for 10 years.

Some people make things waaaayyyy to difficult. All because their egos get in the way of smart business. Both ALPA and DAL are guilty of this.

I am simply stating what I would do if I offered a fair, equitable plan and was blown off by these blow hards!!