FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Airlines and children
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2006, 7:45 pm
bjl

Thumbs down Delta Airlines and children

Before I quit to stay home full-time with my three children I worked for a regional airline as a general agent, and I'd like to think what happened to me and my kids on Delta would NEVER happen on my former employer.

On a recent (July 2006) flight from Salt Lake City to Boise -- a flight CERTAIN to have children, by the way -- we were forced to view an episode of the sci-fi show "Dr. Who" called "The Unquiet Dead" featuring zombies, faceless specters, and grannies in open coffins. Thank goodness my four-year-old was home with Dad and the baby was too young to care. The nine-year-old had to cover her eyes, but at least she didn't have nightmares.

In the jetway I asked the captain what was up with THAT, and he said, not in an unfriendly way, he didn't know anything about it and to take it up with the lead flight attendant. Which I did, and she said it was just what Delta happened to have on at that time. Neither said they were sorry it had happened.

I sent Delta a complaint on their online form, and this is part of what I got back more than two weeks later:

We show a preview of the movie so passengers have information about the content before choosing to view it.
Which of course they didn't -- the little screens popped down and they showed it. That was that. But the bigger point is, what idiot would even preview, much less approve, a show for general viewing called "The Unquiet Dead"?!?

My advice for traveling with children: stick to Southwest and bring a portable DVD player!