FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best beach-y Hilton (Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii) with a baby
Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:04 am
phillygold

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
Originally Posted by volrichard
That was probably me!! The Villa lounge was great, wasn't it? We had a great trip, with the exception of the pool construction going on ALL NIGHT, EVERY NIGHT!! If you were not on the pool side, you probably were not exposed to it. Not sure if you have been there before, however they were not clicking on all cylinders this week. Nothing that jumps out, just a few service details that did not match up to our stay a couple of years ago.
We will be back, though.

Hope you had a good trip.
Thanks ! Sorry that I missed out on a chance to say hello to a fellow FT'er. I didn't notice the pool work being done...thankfully, as our villa faced the tennis courts.
This was our first time at this resort. The only service complaints that I have concern the amount of time it took getting served at 2 of the restaurants (Spices and the Pizza/Pasta place), and the quality of the food within those 2 establishments.
The other thing was the checkout process, which took far too long. The lady in the lounge had to manually remove charges for the Hilton water and the 15% discount for eating in all 3 restaurants. What should have been 2 minutes took 20, as she had to use a calculator to figure out our final bill.
Other than that...it was a great time, and like you, we will return.