FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue sales?
Thread: JetBlue sales?
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2006, 7:47 pm
somedude24

As with any airline, jetBlue fares fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including demand and whether or not there are any current sales/promotions. I haven't noticed a particular day of the week for sales to start/end. Fares also can sometimes vary pretty substantially from day-to-day, especially as the day of a flight gets closer. I've definitely noticed the phenomenon of 'disappearing' (and 'reappearing', sometimes) airfares, when you see a good fare, try to confirm with others before booking, and then 'poof' no more good airfare. This can, unfortunately, happen on any airline. (The best strategy is usually to book as soon as you see the good fare, but of course when you have to confirm with a large group, that's not possible).

In your case however, have you considered inquiring about group airfares? I do not know how substantial group discounts might be, but I do know that parties of 10 or more are eligible for group airfares on many airlines, including both jetBlue and Southwest.

Also, both Delta and American also fly that route nonstop. TV's nice, but if the price is right, the cheapest airline wins.

Originally Posted by NurseKim
Does JetBlue have a certain day of the week when they have sales?
I am trying to book a flight for 13 people and it's becoming a project I don't want to handle anymore.
Yesterday, I called for a quote and they gave me $257pp. Tonight I call to book (because I had to verify it with everyone first) and I get $410pp. It's so frustrating that within a day, the flights available and the prices change so dramatically.
If you're interested, I'm flying (non-stop...2 toddlers )BOS--->MCO. I could also fly Southwest from MHT, so I'm watching their prices too.
Any advice you might have would be great. Thanks.