Old Jul 21, 06, 8:00 pm
leisure warrior

Programs: UA LT GS/5MM, DL 3MMGold, HHDia, HyattGlob, IHG Spire Amb, Marr Plat/LTG, SPG LTP
I had the pleasure to stay at this property this week and was most impressed. Short review:

Checked in last Sunday for 3 nites, 2 rooms. The property is brand new - very contemporary designed building set amid gorgeous woodlands with adjacent golf course on Fota Island just east of Cork. Easy acces on the N8 with good signage to the hotel. Check-in was smooth and my room was upgraded to a very spacious and comfortable suite - the "Cherry Suite." There are only suites on the top floor, all names after different woods (I wonder if they are decorated in the woods that name them - mine did look like cherry wood had been used extensively.) Nice balcony/terrace looking toward the back of the property (wooded.) The other room was a regular one - facing forward, but very comfortable and well-designed. Great bathrooms.

Bar has a rather clubby feeling, and service was excellent. We only ate breakfast in the restaurant - and the included buffet was more than adequate, though one could order from a more extensive menu if desired (fairly pricey - 22 Euros for a "traditional Irish Breakfast.") Food and service were again very good.

The spa/health and fitness area is not yet completed. The hydrotherapy suite was closed - though we peeked inside and it is beautiful. The weight room is well-outfitted with new (and a bit stiff) machines. My companion had a massage which she felt was good - though the offerings in the spa menu were not exactly the same as what were available. Sauna was still being grouted.

The adjacent golf club is well-established, but didn't have time to visit it or to play the course.

Staff was very responsive and helpful.

Despite a few rough bits awaiting completion, I thouroughly enjoyed the property and would rate it very highly. Once the few kinks are ironed out, this could be a real stunner. Strongly recommended.