FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Email news flashes + Wiki FAQ + Customizing FT + Posting guidelines
Old Jul 13, 2006, 8:54 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Schedule open to December 10

As of about 9:15 AM Central Time, Southwest's schedule is now open through December 10. This extension precisely fits the pattern of recent years, which is why everyone predicted the same date in our Official Schedule Extension Prediction Thread: http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527240

The next extension, covering Christmas, has occurred anywhere from July 24 to August 18, which was last year's date. I expect the extension on August 17, with travel through January 14 or so.

Ding announced this schedule extension as usual in tiny black letters under the current sale offering. Ding announcements of a schedule extension are displayed for 24 hours.

Other items:

If you have version 1.03 or earlier of Ding, I highly suggest that you keep it. If you uninstall it you will lose the ability to remotely access your Ding sales as described in FAQ 15. This ability is not available with a new installation of Ding 1.04.

Some forum members have volunteered to help reorganize the FAQ. If you would like to help, drop me a PM. I am especially interested in some sort of outline structure that will successfully de-randomize the arrangement of information, making it easier for a newbie to find the appropriate question.