FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OSL larger than ARN
View Single Post
Old Jul 12, 2006, 4:01 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tommy777
I'm not that sure. I think we need to think the other way around. All the people traveling from Norway to Florida, the west coast, mexico and pretty much all destinations in the US would have a great *hub at ORD, much better than EWR. It would be the quickest way to most business destinations, except NYC where CO serves with a whopping 16 C seats . Remember that SAS now puts more seats on the A330. They could even skip 2 rows of Economy Extra to out more economy seats on board IMO.

The traffic growth at OSL is pretty much all international, SK has become a lot more attractive since they expanded their non stop European network and stopped feeding people through CPH to all European destinations

For sure, SK will do well with a trans Atlantic from OSL
SK needs to fly into United/* Alliance hubs to make things work better for me. EWR was lousy in that regard and was mostly limited to O/D traffic for SK. While O/D traffic alone may or may not be sufficient to sustain a route, through(-hubs) traffic can make all the difference. It's not just CO's little jet that helps make the difference for CO; it's also CO going through a hub of their own that makes a huge difference.

I often found myself skipping SK's flights since EWR didn't work for me (vis-a-vis Manhattan or DC) and because connecting via EWR had fewer options than the rest when wanting to use * Alliance.