FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Customer Care called to ARGUE with me!
Old Jul 11, 2006, 7:17 pm
DiverDave

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by indufan
I think the airlines do a remarkable job of getting bags along to the destination.
Good observation. The only times in the past couple of years when I have been separated from my luggage are:

1) Flying 3 legs ANC-SEA-ATL-HSV with the initial leg on Alaska. The itinerary was not correct at check-in, and I expect the check-in person did not tag my bag correctly. Not DL's fault.

2) This past Friday, HSV-ATL-TPA. Initial HSV-ATL flight (MD-88) cancelled due to mech, rebooked onto the next ASA flight. That flight had weight issues, so they had to remove 12 bags. I got to TPA 90 minutes late, my bags arrived that evening. The interesting part is that they were tagged for AA flights, and apparently got to connect via DFW. Again, not really DL's fault, better to remove my bag than me! And I was on an award ticket, and just glad that that I was only 90 minutes late.

I don't fly weekly like many of you, but usually at least once a month.

David