FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE: Sheraton Fota Resort, Cork, Ireland [Master Thread]
Old Jul 10, 2006, 12:01 pm
jmd4211

Originally Posted by alect
jmd4211

I am in the midst of planning a vacation to Ireland next July (07) for a friend's wedding, and was thinking of staying at this property. If around Jul 15-19, is this likely to co-incide with any major gold tournaments you may be hosting, or anything else I should be aware of?

Also, if we based ourselves at the property and have a rental car, what would you say is a reasonable surrounding area we could explore without moving to other hotels? Our end point (the wedding) is in Galway, so in theory could we stay in Cork at the property and explore, and then drive up to Galway in time for the wedding?

Also, if driving into Cork, is the parking situation reasonable?

thanks in advance.
Dear Alect,

Thanks for your message - I'm delighted that you are considering us for your upcoming vacation to Ireland.

In answer to your initial question, there are no major events planned at this stage, however, as I am sure you can appreciate, this may be subject to Change.

As regards travelling and sightseeing, there is plenty to see in Cork, especially in West Cork, and would highly recommend renting a car and enjoying some of these areas - we can provide further information to you closer to the time and help you put together a list of things you may like to see.

Finally, Parking in the City Centre is extremely easy, so there would be no forseeable problems in taking a car in - though you may like to consider taking the train, as traffic in and out of the city can be fairly arduous!

I hope that you decide to come to Fota next summer, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to let me know. Also, once you have booked, please forward me your reservation details so I can oversee your arrangements and ensure you are well looked after!

Warm Regards,

James