FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is CE to PMI worth £150pp more than ET?
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2006, 11:25 am
ewand

Programs: BAEC
Is CE to PMI worth £150pp more than ET?

Howdy folks

I'm trying to arrange a late, cheapish getaway to Majorca in Sept, and am looking at the options - I'd rather fly ex-LHR and BD have some good flight times, but they are looking for >£400 for 2 pax which looks very steep. Sleezyjet want just over £300 to fly ex-LGW and BA come out cheapest (allbeit with an oh-my-God-it's-early 0545 outbound departure time), at £209 inclusive.

Now I have a few options:

- just buy the cheapo BA flight and put up with LGW at that time in the morning
- suck deep and pay BMI nearly double, for the benefit of buying my own catering on board
- pay £525 for 2 pax to fly CE (now I've heard good things about GB Air's CE product when compared to BA's, but is it worth £150pp more of my own cash?)
- or else cash in some of the mountain of BA Miles, and maybe even chuck in an Amex 2-4-1 that I probably won't use elsewhere... I could blow 40,000 miles + about £100 in taxes to fly 2 in CE, or 20,000 + £85 to travel at the back.

What would you do?
I'm inclined to hang onto the miles but will probably lose the 2-4-1 if I don't use it, and I'm not sure I'd want to fork out an additional £300 to fly CE for a relatively short flight...

Decisions, Decisions...

cheers
Ewan