FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - In China--able to buy air power adapter? noise reduction headphones?
Old Jul 2, 2006, 4:17 pm
Peter N-H

Originally Posted by michi kipper
I would like to buy an air power adapter for my laptop for the flight home.
Wouldn't it be better to buy this on the plane to be sure you have the one you need?

But China's a big place. For a specific recommendation of where to look it might be an idea to mention where you are.

Are they easy enough to find and purchase in China? Does anyone know how much it would cost?
Electronics made overseas are generally more expensive than they are at home (wherever home is). But small gadgets made in China for sale in China are generally cheaper. However, your gadget bought on-board ought to be duty free.

Any recommendation for noise reduction headphones available in China?
Again, if you want famous brands then these will be more expensive in China. I bought a duty free pair in-flight from Shanghai a few days ago for about C$70 on Air Canada. I'm not obsessive about electronics but had a quick look through the specs which looked half-decent. One hi-fi enthusiast has already sneered at them (without reading the spec or actually putting them on his head), but they seem to work quite well. They were by Logitech.

Peter N-H