FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Shows Narrower Quarterly Net Loss
View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2003, 8:52 am
UnofficialDLHelper

Delta Shows Narrower Quarterly Net Loss

Various Items for reference:

DAL CURRENT REPORT Form 8-K Dated: 10-14-03 HTML Format

Delta Shows Narrower Quarterly Net Loss

"Delta reported a narrower third-quarter net loss as stronger summer revenue, mainly driven by leisure travelers, helped temper the industry's historic downturn."

Delta Air Lines Reports Third Quarter 2003 Results

"Ends quarter with $2.9 billion in cash, of which $2.7 billion is unrestricted cash."

"3Q operating revenues increased 0.7 percent and passenger unit revenues increased 8.0 percent, compared to the September 2002 quarter. Delta has continued to outperform the industry in year-over-year unit revenue comparisons for each of the last 16 months through August 2003."

Delta Reports Narrower 3rd-Quarter Loss

"Atlanta-based Delta said it has reached an agreement with an unnamed third party to sell 11 Boeing 737-800 aircraft that had been scheduled for delivery to the airline in 2005. The transaction is expected to reduce the company's capital expenditures by $500 million."

"For the first nine months of the year, Delta lost $458 million, or $3.71 a share, compared to a loss of $920 million, or $7.46 a share, a year ago. Nine-month revenue was $9.905 billion compared to $9.997 billion in 2002."

Delta sees 4th-qtr loss $225-275 mln with items

So....if the YTD loss for 2003 is @ $700M, but DL pilots make roughly $800M more than AA pilots, then DL would have made $100M if the contract had been modified.

------------------
I am not a sanctioned representative of Delta on these boards, just an interested participant. I'm only here trying to shed light on DL issues brought up on this board and to provide my opinion and/or to try to answer Qs. I do work for Delta, but I don't represent DL's final word when answering a question (in any capacity). Please e-mail Customer Care with your questions to get a corporately-supported reply.www.delta.com/email

[This message has been edited by UnofficialDLHelper (edited 10-14-2003).]