FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Turns Focus to Regaining Respect
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2003, 2:14 pm
brooklynflyer

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by traveling_again:
Right, but its not just the skies. Anybody notice how bad the morning taxi out of LGA has become? Last couple months my best case was 30 minutes (sunny day) and worse case was 1:45 minutes (low cloud cover). It is deja vu to 1999, with one big exception. As we begin the long crawl to the runway, I often count as many as 2/3 of the aircraft parade to be RJs (various "connection" carriers for all the legacy airlines).

[This message has been edited by traveling_again (edited 10-08-2003).]
</font>
LGA is definitely becoming a disaster again. This is really a collective action problem. All of the airlines want to gain customers by offering the most frequencies out of LGA and do so by using RJ's. Instead all of the airline customers end up steamed because they are always late.

IMO, the Port Authority and the FAA need to crack down and force the airlines to reduce frequencies (thereby producing the happy consequence that there would be more mainline flights). As you may notice from my handle, I'm in Brooklyn and LGA is closest airport mile-wise but I only fly from there in the direst of circumstances (or a really, really cheap fare ).