FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expiration of Miles
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2003, 9:58 am
ORDBill1962

Delta Miles Expired

Need expert advice on getting 200,000 Skymiles expired in 2002 reinstated since have had 3+ years of no account activity.

My case: I had no notice or correspondence. Moved from Atlanta to Chicago in '97, few Delta flights, nothing against Delta, but I can get a nonstop anywhere from here, just not on Delta. Many of the miles were transferred in from Amex. My zip code changed in '99 or so, which may have contributed. My address changed in '98 which may have also been an issue. Employed by one of Deltas single largest corporate customers. Amex Platinum card has 50,000 miles, assumed they were Delta because they could be transferred in. 1 million Platinum on AA now, and Premier on United. Many of these items probably dont matter.

Called Delta they said the rules were sent to me in 1995 (I am serious). Booked a flight yesterday and my seat assignment was not correct so I asked how many miles I had, and they told me 200k expired last year and I about passed out.

Any ideas as to what may trigger a positive response from Delta? Reactivation fee? Use them in 120 days? Anything? Am I out of luck?