FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Destination Rumors
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2006, 12:41 pm
prhs1989

Programs: Jetblue
Originally Posted by Seat13c
I agree that the midwest is lacking. I would gather that B6 has 2 options. Option one would be to pick up places like STL, MDW/ORD, MKE, MSP, MCI, HOU/IAH, and DFW, just to name a few. The other option would to be filling in the gaps withing the current structure. The service from IAD to the cities in Florida are minimal at best. They have yet to go IAD to MCO and TPA. BOS has no direct service to RDU, CLT, JAX, AUA, and SJU on the east coast and PDX, BUR, and SAN on the west coast. They really have two choice when it comes the short term. Option 1 or Option 2? I would go with Option 1 and connect BOS and IAD through JFK, then beef up everything else later.
I wonder about Jetblue's future plans for their IAD operations. I don't know how much they plan on expanding IAD to the rest of the route structure. I could see IAD-MCO or IAD-JAX (I say JAX because I remember that Independence was sending multiple 319's a day down to JAX. That was probably one of their stronger destinations).

Don't forget that B6 signed on for 11 gates at BOS, so I don't see them routing all of their extra traffic through JFK. Personally, I see them expanding their current flights out of BOS because they have ample gates. (I.E. they have 1 flight to AUS and 2 flights to RIC. AUS is supposedly doing really well, so I see room for an extra flight or two.) Boston could grow to be a large operation because Delta seems to have forgotten about BOS, and the other majors have decent, but not large by any means, operations. (Save US) Finally, I also think that many of the 190's will work their way up to Boston. I think that it is the perfect plane for Boston, as they could use them for more flights to upstate NY, Puerto Rico, MSY, and FLA.