FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2006, 8:42 am
JOUY31
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by LKS
I am arriving at CDG 2A and will depart from 2C (economy class -transit time of about 9 hours). Don't have a US or EU passport. But do not need a transit visa if I stay inside the airport / international zone.
How long will it take to go from 2A to 2 C. Should I walk or take a bus?
If you cannot leave the international zone due to a lack of EU passport or visa, you can only use the airside shuttle. You cannot walk from 2A to 2C.

If I walk, will I have to go through multiple passport checks? Do I need to take a train too ?
You need to clear immigration in 2A (it took me about 3mn last Saturday morning when two 747s were arriving) to enter France, walk to 2C, and then clear immigration again to leave France. There is no train travel involved.

Is there a lounge that I can use to relax , shower & eat for economy class?
Unfortunately, no.

What is the best way to do it. Is there a hotel or sleeping facility in the international zone?
There is no sleeping facility in the international zone. The cheapest way to do it would be to go to the Ibis hotel, which is at the RER station 1, while, CDG2 is at RER station 2. Day rooms are sold around 50 euros. The Sheraton hotel which is located at the center of CDG2 is unfortunately far more expensive (200 euros).

Please also recommend some affordable eating places where I can eat under 10 euros.
There are fast food offerings in the food courts.

Is the food court between 2A & C located in international zone?
No. It is located landside.

Is there a shower facilty in 2C departure lounge?
Just one.

Are there signs which tell me the limits of international zone so that I stay in that area only?
Well, you cannot move freely from one to the other. You can find terminal maps on the CDG web site : www.adp.fr

Enjoy your flights