FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Air Lines Reports Quarterly Profit
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2003, 7:49 am
Cholula
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vetteset:
No, I'm sorry I can't chill out! There are flight attendant, pilots, gate agents on the streets. I have talked to many of them on their last flights and they are loyal to our company and passengers. I know many 30 year flight attendants who took a leave after 9/11 to help the company out, and are still not back to work. I see our passengers not be treated very well. I see LOYAL FF's defecting to other airlines not because of our staff, but the changes our management has enacted. Our passengers are leaving because they pay good money for a ticket and they are not getting their worth at Delta. The company has taken too much from our pax and employees and it has ruined our morale. So, in other words, I will NOT chill out!</font>

vetteset...well stated post. Actually, IMO, the employees at DL have taken the worst hit so far in DL's cost reduction drive. The pax are seeing some evidence of the changes to come but the full force of the proposed SM's changes are yet to be seen.
Here's a short quote from the article that's alarming to me as a passenger:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">The airline said last month it intends to trim $2.5 billion in costs by the end of 2005 through a number of measures that do not include job cuts.</font>
I have to believe these cost cuts will more directly involve the flying public than what we have experienced thus far. Having seen DL chip away at the SM's program incrementally over the last few years, I can only imagine what surprises they have in store for those of us still flying them next year and beyond....