FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where's the pilot? Hours of fun at CVG
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2003, 10:50 am
vetteset

Programs: delta/song
Local flight crews were obviously called out on reserve and the flight attendants being NYC based means nothing except that they were not reserves based in CVG. They could have been rerouted, because the other crew was stuck somewhere. Hundreds of times showing up at the gate, I have never looked hurried or rushed. DL will never learn about leaving the flight crews on the same plane with the same crews all day! This would save valuable time when you block in at A2 and ned to go out of D34. You are so frustrated when you show up at the gate, you keep your cool and be professional. I don't know about crews showing up with food. That is unacceptable! Some people carry that Starbucks cup all day and keep refilling it. Also, crews carry their crew meals around for a while if they did not have time to eat. I am very sorry about your experience, and hope you continue to still fly with us. Crews have NO reason to delay your flight on purpose. It sound like from the time, they were going to their layover and the last thing they want is to be delayed when they have only 9 hours rest to your next flight. Sorry, but I have to stick up for the crews!