FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The View from DFW Term D Admirals Club ...
Old Jun 8, 2006, 8:52 am
JGR01

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Cool The View from DFW Term D Admirals Club ...

I was sitting at the Terminal D AC this morning .. not very awake after a 6am flight into DFW. There was one lone military traveler on that flight .. (no more comments). As I took the tram from C to E to D I noticed the two charter planes (ATA) that were awaiting the military members to take them back to 'work'.

While in the AC I noticed a bit of fire truck activity on the tarmac near the end (low numbers) of D terminal. Two trucks but nothing more.

Around 9am a ATA L1011-500 (the long range version with the little back emergency door) landed. It certainly looked wierd as I have not seen L1011's for ages! I wondered if this was an inbound charter with military staff coming home ...

As the plane taxied toward the terminal, the fire trucks gave the flight a 'Welcome' by parking on each side of the plane .. spraying water in archs as the plane taxied thru.

The plane continued to taxi .. and the fire trucks went back to their facilities.

I thought 'What a nice Welcome Home!' ^ ^

No ... this was NOT American Airlines doing anything special .. it was the DFW Airport Fire Department. But since I was sitting in the AC at Term D (with that great view of the western runways) .. I was impressed!

Nothing more .. no vieled comments on ATA or charters or the military ... just the fact that DFW Airport Fire Department did a nice thing.