Old Jun 1, 06, 12:46 pm
Steve23

Programs: SPG, Continental, USAir, United, AA, Delta
Cork trip report

I just returned from Cork (I did end up at the Sheraton) and have only raves about the property. The bathrooms are huge with separate tub and shower, and a nice powerful showerhead to boot. The food at the restaurant was excellent, and the service was superior for such a new resort. Although I didn't have a chace to play, the golf course is beautiful. The decor is fabulous as well - it does a nice job of blending what I as an American tourist would call "Irish country estate" with a more modern and comfortable feel.

My taxis into the city were about a 20 minute ride and cost 20-25 Euro, but on a couple of occassions it took awhile to call a cab to the hotel.

On the other hand, although the location of the Westin in Dublin was great, the room I had could only be described as "shabby," with peeling paint everywhere and an odd musty smell whenever I started the shower. Also, for some reason they've placed a bamboo plant right in front of the bathroom mirror above the sink, and every time I moved it the maid moved it right back the next morning. Oh well - can't win 'em all.