FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Paris (CDG): The Definitive Thread
Old May 27, 2003, 10:11 am
Bulldog

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Paris (CDG): The Definitive Thread

I will be traveling CVG-CDG-VCE in a couple of weeks. CVG-CDG is on DL; CDG-VCE is on AZ. The connection in CDG is about 70 minutes, arriving in Terminal 2C and departing in Terminal 2D. What is the best (quickest? most likely to succeed?) way to make this connection? I have seen the CDG map and know that 2C and 2D are opposite each other. I think there is a shuttle(?) running between the terminals, and on another thread it was mentioned that you can walk underground between these terminals. If I understand, I will go through immigration, but not customs, in CDG. How does all of this impact my connection? I have read about the new 2E terminal, but all of my travel will be completed before 2E is in use. Hopefully there will be enough time to make the connection; if not, I can live with the next CDG-VCE flight.

My return flight is FCO-CDG-CVG, all on AF, coming into CDG at Terminal 2D and leaving via 2F. Can I expect more or less the same routine as 2C-to-2D?

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere; I found a thread on a Europe-to-US connection at CDG, but my connection is the other direction and I suspect that because of immigrations/customs/security, the details will be different.

Thanks for your expertise.