FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Montreal Le Meridien [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2006, 5:45 pm
psychtobe

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
just returned from le Meridien Montreal

As a Gold I was "upgraded" to "Executive Elite Room" on the limited-access 14th floor. I never saw the other rooms so I don't know how this room compared to the others. I'm an SPG newbie, so I don't know whether my experience was standard or above or below expectations. I was pleased enough to be verbaly recognized as a Gold. No breakfast, etc as far as I could tell. The room itself had a queen bed (may even have been a double) but a nice sofa, large overstuffed chair, views looking north, and as others have mentioned nice toiletries.

The staff was very pleasant and very helpful. Not at all stuffy.

The lobby is quite small - has a concierge, front desk, a couple of pay phones, et c'est tout.

The business center is in the Chateau Meridien across the street, and has 2 computers and a printer. The internet connection was exceptionally slow, and the computers did not have PowerPoint.

Location: a bit far out from the main drag on Sherbrooke - about 3 blocks from rocking Crescent street, but a fairly long walk to rues St. Laurent and St. Denis, or Vieux Ville. About a 3 minute walk to a convenient Metro stop.

We paid $188-210 CAD per night including taxes, for 4 nights in late May. I thought it was a fair price for the room we got; I can't predict what my experience would have been if we had received a lesser room.