FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CRC Member Access to AF Lounges at CDG?
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2006, 3:03 pm
Marylou

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
We just left CDG and the new AF lounge in terminal 2 was very nice and not very crowded. It was a very circuitous route to get there though, traverssing temporary corridors. The new chairs against the wall were so comfy, many people were sacked out in them. Flat screen TV's on the wall next to the chairs, some had news channels going in English and some had flight information.

The sign outside the door did not mention class of service as did the old one. But I did see people being turned away (Americans flying on Dl) but I didn't hear the reason. I thought it odd that the sign didn't say "espace" or First Class but I could have missed it.

The AF ladies were extremely friendly and helpful.

More about CDG... the bus thing is ridiculous. After a 40 minute delay at the gate, we were finally herded onto the bus. We sat there about 10 minutes fully loaded and then pulled out about 30 feet and promptly stopped. After another 15 minutes went by, other busses passing us constantly, an AF employee sauntered up to the door with "the paperwork" and boarded. And we were off again.

But...once we arrived at the plane, there was an announcement that it would be about 5 more minutes before they let us off but they would open the door so we could get some air. Another 15 minutes we saw the cleaning crew slowly working their way down the steps and we finally were able to get off.

After all that, we arrived in Atl right on time.