FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Executive Partner
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2003, 10:19 am
lavasushi

Location: NW Platinum, UA UGS, Hertz Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Executive Partner

A business associate who I know received an Executive Partner package in the last few weeks. I did a search on it, but the details of it were sketchy in the posts that I found. EPs are selected by National Account Manangers for the top corporations that give the most business to Delta. Realistically, they send a form to the Chairman (or most likely his/her assistant) and they choose if they will take the membership or if they will offer it to others. The form states how many memberships the company is permitted. At the company of my friend, the people that have unrestricted personal jet access chose not to take the membership since they would never use it, so they passed it down (Usually to EVPs, Division Presidents, CFOs). EP is pretty much comped Platinum. I think that there are around 250 members. The package includes the PM Card, except under the name and number it says "Executive Partner". The written benefits are identical to PM although agents may be more lenient about rules. This person just received his card so he hasn't had a chance to use it or try to get an exception. The only difference is that 10,000 miles are donated to the SkyWish foundation in the name of the member. The Package included 6 PMUs, 6 Drink Coupons, the card, 2 PM baggage tags, 2 Green PM Priority tags, and four of those cheap luggage ties. I don't know what the manifest shows but the BPs show "Executive Partner / Crown Room" although the statements show "Platinum Medallion" in the status box. On-line, when you go to the Skymiles statement page it says
Executive Partner
Crown Room Club (R)

but in the corner when you go to a new page it says "Platinum Medallion". If you have any other questions, I'll ask.