FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Great news for Resort-Fans...
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2006, 3:30 am
gregorygrady

Originally Posted by Muerz
Thanks for the good laugh! That "Sample Financial Page" has got to be one of the funniest things I've read all week, I needed a good laugh so thanks.

They want you to shell out US$150K for the CHEAPEST/WORST studio room at the HR Phuket? Please!!!! And that's not even the funniest thing on the page. The funniest thing is how optimistic they are regarding those room rates. At the current exchange rate of $1 = 38 baht, they say the rack rate on this studio room will be $526.

@:-) Ummmm, hello people, this is Thailand, not NYC or Hawaii. And then even worse they assume the average price paid after discount will be 70% of rack rate (or $368 per night). Did they not take into account that you can get a room at a really nice hotel in Phuket for $100? Who in their right mind would pay $368? Talk about some optimistic numbers!! I'm surprised they didn't project the occupancy rates at 99%. I hope they have a better sales shpeal than this nonsense otherwise this hotel will NEVER get enough investors to be built!!