FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Late Spring?? (The unofficial 'Latest scoop on the program merger' thread)
Old May 12, 2006, 3:09 pm
enviroian
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Well I just got off the phone with a Platinum agent and she told me May 22nd is the date that the two programs will merge. Further:

1. You will keep either your DM number or your HP number depending on your mileage level. If you have 2K miles in your DM account and 100,000 in your HP account, you will retain your HP number for good.

2. May 22nd also indicates the last day the old US site will be accessible.

3. We will eventually get new cards, but a date hasn't been announced.

4. Our "new" statuses will be announced that day as well. I asked how, and she wasn't clear but indicated most information will be sent in advance via email or that day or thereafter by logging onto your account.

I don't know if this is new info for you all, but I hope it helps. It would be nice to know I bring more value to this board other than women who enjoy my humor or attire (in the greater Austin vicinity at least), hot pockets, Indian call center complaints, jungle jet complaints, and one who has trouble with certain pronnounciations of one Seattle-based airline ^

Ian