FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring {US-MD}
Old May 10, 2006, 8:47 pm
Uniter

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Update: I'm staying here again tonight. The Manager's Reception was very nice (it's on Wed only). The manager is actually there and goes around talking to everyone trying to get feedback. There's beer, wine and soda for the taking and some appetizers (cheese tray, crackers, fruit, veg egg rolls, spring rolls, and mini chicken cordon bleu).

I got an upgrade, but it was very strange. First, I registered a few days ago that I was willing to sacrifice my HHonors benefits for 1,000 bonus points. I did on-line checkin this morning and found a lot of King rooms. I checked again later that afternoon and saw that the King rooms were gone and a King Suite with Parlor was my only option. It read someone like, "We could not upgrade you, so we have chosen this room instead." I clicked it and checked in online.

When I got to the hotel later, I still had to give my credit card for some reason, but they checked me in to my room ... what an upgrade! I had THREE rooms - a bedroom (King bed with a TV), a Parlor (living room w/foldout couch, desk, and chairs, and another TV), and a conference room (big conference table and chairs with a marker board). Plus, two bathrooms. And I'm all by myself here!

Oh, this Hilton now has free Internet access (not wireless, though).

The service here has really improved... and so has the area around the hotel. This place is usually 1/2 the price of DC hotels and it's a quick ride into town on the Red Line. Definitely recommended. ^