FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Survey: If the Oct 3X Miles are not forthcoming...who plans to cancel their AE card?
Old Feb 27, 2003, 8:07 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
I do not mean to be redundant but I am posting this on both of david4455’s threads. I tried the CSR Supervisor route with no success. I first spoke to a very nice CSR who was sympathetic before being transferred to CSR Supervisor Mr. Rodriguez. After being cut off once I finally got back to him after having to go through the whole thing again with a new CSR, this one not at all sympathetic. I had previously spoken to CSR who had verified that I had registered over the telephone with Amex on Oct. 14, 2003. This was after my initial web registration.

The thrust of Mr. Rodriguez’s denial of my request was that the registration was on the Delta web site and if you were not targeted by Delta you would not receive miles. It did not matter that an Amex CSR also registered you. All she did was again register you on the Delta web site. Basically he said if I had a problem with that I should take it up with Delta.

Getting nowhere I took a more direct approach. I pointed out that I had hit the card very hard based on American Express’s telephone representations as well as the web site. Based on triple miles they still would owe me over 75,000 miles, which may be part of the problem. I told him that it was my understanding that in cases like this, where the cardholder was being denied miles through no fault of his, a CSR Supervisor could award up to 25,000 miles. I asked him if he would consider this. This is when Mr. Rodriguez became very testy. He told me that whoever told me that was not “authorized to” and that was “information I was not authorized to have.” He also said I was not getting any miles. I then suggested that I should continue to call until I found a more sympathetic Supervisor. That did not go over well! The discussion then centered on the notes he would put in my file that would certainly assure no other Supervisor would view my case differently. With that I said thank you and goodbye.

Yes, I will be canceling my SkyMiles Amex card, but not until I receive my "Dear John" letter and make sure cancellation will not in some way also cancel the 10,000 miles they owe me at the renewal date of the card.