FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New upgrade procedure at ARN
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2006, 12:47 pm
Douglas

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by tommy777
A couple of weeks ago it happened to me OSL-CDG. Flight was very much oversold and one of the GAs had her hands full handing out vouchers and re-booking suckers to the next flight.

I didnt check in, but had a seat request in my booking, emergency exit. When I got to ghe gate, the GA handed me a boarding pass with 9C. I asked if there were possibilities for op-ups, she said I had to wait and I should just hang on to my BP (bad sign)
I waited by the gate because there were many seat at gate pax. The GA then upgraded around 6 pax to Y or C, I guarantee you none of them were EBG.

I then boarded and said to her: Why don't you upgrade EBGs? Isn't it right that the best customers gets a nice surprise every once in a while. She got red in the face and said yes.. I just boarded and forgot about it...
I got op-up Q---->Y from ARN-CDG-ARN both ways on heavy loaded flights in April being an EBS. Nice for me, sure, but thinking of EBG's that most likely didn't get it doesn't seem fair. My friend who was on a different booking on the same flight, holding no status at all, was also upgraded!

Oh well, maybe all EBG's were kicked up to C...