FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Confirm Day of Travel Rule
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2003, 6:47 pm
Marq

New Confirm Day of Travel Rule

Sorry about the duplicate thread....

I just got off the phone with SMS and CC. I was told, and CC agreed it was silly so she will follow-up, that you cannot get confirmed on an earlier flight unless you can get confirmed all the way to your destination. Therefore, no earlier flight to ATL and hoping seats open up for confirmation or de facto standby.

My real problem is that they originally said that I cannot take earlier flight out of DCA and stay on my original flight ATL-MCO. Even if my original ATL-MCO flight is the same connecting flight for the earlier originating flight!!! With all the problems with aircraft turn around in DCA, weather, and ATC problems, I would rather get out of DC and make it to ATL to ensure I make my connecting flight.

If this is the way its going to be, it will be a disaster for me!!! Of course, this solves our discussion on the other thread about paying $25 twice or how to handle priority of standbys in ATL, etc.

CC is supposed to get back to me tomorrow. If anyone has any up to date experiences with this while connecting in ATL I would appreciate it.

thanks,
marc

Edited to add quick msg from CC:

"The rule is, to be confirmed on a flight the same day, it has to be available from the origin to the destination. That would mean you would lose the upgrade from Atlanta to Orlando and have to stand by for first class. I am, however, pushing the issue and with any news I receive I will pass on to you."

By the way, they also originally told me that if you are still on your original connecting flight, your layover cannot be longer that four hours (with the earlier originating flight) since it wouldn't be a legal connection.

marc

[This message has been edited by Marq (edited 03-04-2003).]