FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2006, 3:09 am
JOUY31
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by NETrekker
I will be flying BOS-CDG-PRG later this month (AF321 to CSA759/AF4900 Codeshare). I believe I will be arriving in 2E from Boston at 8:35 am (on a Saturday), but will likely have to make my way over to 2B for my 9:55 am connecting flight to Prague.

Should I, or am I even able to take the airside shuttle bus to 2B? Or would I have enough time to walk there given that I'd have to go through immigration twice and security once, from what I understand (could be wrong)? I am a very fast walker--most have difficulty keeping up with me.

Is Saturday morning an off-peak time for CDG, or is it quite busy then?
Both options are possible :
- airside bus, although I have never experienced personally leaving from or going to 2E; apparently, there is a specific bus going to 2E, I have never seen anything specific related to the bus leaving from 2E; you will be remaining airside, not clearing immigration or customs, just going through security at the gate in 2B
- entering France and going landside in 2E; once you have cleared immigration, you need about 15mn to walk to 2B, through large galleries with nice views on the tarmac, one third of the distance being on moving walkways. The possible stumbling blocks are immigration in 2B and 2E. It's been a year since I have been through immigration at 2E, so I will defer to other people's experience. In 2B, it can be a hassle on weekdays at peak hours. Saturday morning in May should be off-peak. So it should be OK (under 10mn).

So, deciding between the two options depends on the time you will be arriving in the CDG 2E building itself, on the length of the immigration queue you will see there and on the time you need to wait for the next airside bus.

Enjoy your flights