FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sad day for me w.r.t. Delta (Platinum)
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 03, 8:37 pm
FL-Delta-Platinum

Location: FLL; DL PM; CO Silver; Hilton Diamond; Priority Club Gold; Hertz PC; National Emerald; et al
Lex,

I'm sure your departure has sent a signal to Delta - only if you make them aware of it with communication. To assume that they look at individual elite members is probably expecting too much from them. What you have done DOES speak the language Delta understands - revenue.

However, remaining with them this year works towards the cause as well if regular communication is given to Delta. I've emailed them AT LEAST once a week since it was announced.

I believe a combination of both statements (your leaving and my threats) convey the message best. I admit, my staying with Delta is mostly selfish for the benefits I already have. However, it is also due to not having the time recently to research other programs to see which will offer me the best package out of FFL to the majority of my destinations (ATL, SAV, GSO, GSP, CHS, PNS, TLH, BHM, JAX, RDU, OKC).

Maybe we need a new thread discussion which programs work best in which regions of the country and for which type of traveller.

I let Delta know today that they only had my business for 309 more days and WHY they will be losing me.