FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sad day for me w.r.t. Delta (Platinum)
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2003, 7:53 pm
FL-Delta-Platinum

Location: FLL; DL PM; CO Silver; Hilton Diamond; Priority Club Gold; Hertz PC; National Emerald; et al
"A Business Decision"

I've been thinking about business decisions and can't understand why PM's are leaving right now.

The right "business decision" is doing what is best for YOUR business, not Delta's. As a frequent traveller (150K/year) my business decision is not just price, but also comfort and convenience.

I cannot have any misplaced sense of loyalty for Delta with their current philosophy of business with regard to their customers.

It is without passion that I see the RIGHT business decision being to get the most for ME. That seems to be using all of the benefits of a PM this year while they're still here; take advantage of the offering and walk ONLY when its gone. There will be plenty of other carriers looking for MY business at the end of the year. Why give up status now?

So Delta won't have benefits next year... I won't be using them next year. Today I flew two legs; upgraded online at purchase on both legs, got full MQM on both legs; received base-miles, bonus-miles, online booking bonuse, kiosk check-in bonus. Why shouldn't I use DL today? They are offering the most benefits today...!!

Delta has 310 days left before I leave them. That's 310 days of benefits and 310 days for them to reconsider. Of course I do let them know weekly via email that I will be leaving (I updated the clock to them today). This seems to me to be the best business decision.