FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Continuous “Please Assist a FlyerTalk Member” Get-Together Thread
Old May 4, 2006, 5:22 pm
u600213

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by lili
I've been living with a multiple six-pack we-have-a-party-tomorrow-deadline deck for about 10 years. It's a wonderful teaching tool to show how drinking impairs judgement. Fortunately I've given up spike high heels so no longer fall through the cracks in certain areas.

Time to go take another look at that fake decking stuff. Anybody have experience with it and particularly how it looks after a few years?
I had a Redwood deck which my dogs destroyed unintentionally just by being dogs and which needed oiling all the time. When I moved I used the Lowes generic version of TREX for a deck. You need to pre-drill the holes to screw it into the joists but it cuts with a circular saw just like wood. I have had it 2 years and it still looks good and the dogs have not scratched it up. It also does not fade too much as I discovered when the tree trimmer backed his truck into it and I had to replace a board.