FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2006, 1:50 am
cph_flyer

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by hobbes03
Hello,

this thread is great! I've learned a lot about CDG and transfers, but I've still got a couple of questions.

1. I should be arriving at Terminal 2E from MEX (AF 439) at 2:05 pm on May 7th 2006.
2. I connect to AF 5044 to FLR at 3:45 pm in Terminal 2D.

I'm fairly fit, so I think I will walk from 2E to 2D. From what I've read in this thread, it should be a 15 min walk or so from 2E to 2D, right? Through the TGV station. One question I have is, how easy is it to cross over the the other side of the TGV station? Is it well marked with directions to cross over and then continue to 2D?
15 mins from E to D sounds about right. Crossing at the TGV/RER station is very easy - we are merely talking about 1 minute or so. Don´t recall the actual signage, but once across you make a left turn towards D and B. And yes, you will be going through immigration at CDG since this is your first port of call in a Schengen country. If your luggage is checked through, you will take the luggage through customs in FLR. Most likely you wíll hardly notice you are going through customs - they only make spot checks.