FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta SMS recommends that I join Air France frequence plus
Old Feb 15, 2003, 10:21 am
CelticFlyer

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LondonTravel:
Like many others, Im now waiting 3 months for my Platinum Medallion card to arrive in the mail. They really do make it difficult for us, don't they!

Having being denied access to an Air France Business lounge because I dont yet have my platinum card (I even brought along a future Itinerary which shows my status and name) I decided to call Delta to find out what I have to do to gain access.

"Well Sir, I recommend that since you are flying Air France frequently you join the Air France frequent flyer program...." "The only way you have access to a skyteam lounge is if you are flying a skyteam flight on a DL coded ticket."

Yep, Im peeved. I fly full fare Trans-Atlantic with DL every six weeks,and since they have cancelled so many london services this winter, my next trip is flying via Paris, On Delta Metal, using an AF ticket, as it is nearly $200 cheaper. And now I cant access the lounges? Is this correct?

Does anyone have any Tips for gaining access to the lounges? Should I print my online DL statement? Should I join AF Frequence Plus as stupidly suggested? Perhaps the solution is to start flying BA!
</font>
Does your boarding card not show your Elite Plus Status. It should.... The rules about lounge access are poorly explained, but I have used the AF lounge outbound of CDG using an AF coach ticket on an AF flight by virute of Elite Plus status.

[This message has been edited by CelticFlyer (edited 02-15-2003).]