FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Continuous “Please Assist a FlyerTalk Member” Get-Together Thread
Old Apr 30, 2006, 12:04 pm
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

The Continuous “Please Assist a FlyerTalk Member” Get-Together Thread

I have noticed several FlyerTalk members in different threads mentioning how they would like to have help with such tasks as moving, having their house painted, or building a deck on their home.

I thought it would be a nice idea to employ the vast resources of FlyerTalk members who are interested in volunteering their assistance, but for some reason I was asked to post this thread, so here it is.

The reasons why I initially thought this could possibly be a good idea is because:
  • This could foster reciprocal arrangements, such as “You help me install cabinets in my kitchen and bathroom, and in return I will help paint your house”
  • It would give some FlyerTalk members a reason to visit certain locations to which they would otherwise not visit
  • This could be an opportunity for FlyerTalk members who need assistance to save money, time and resources while giving other FlyerTalk members the opportunity to earn miles and points in their favourite frequent traveler programs
  • It would be an opportunity to FlyerTalk members to meet other FlyerTalk members
Anyway, here is the thread, so let’s try it. I hope it helps many FlyerTalk members all around the world get what they need done thanks to the spirit of a true community.