FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All You Ever Wanted To Know About the Travelocity "Guarantee"
Old Apr 28, 2006, 3:32 pm
jpdx
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Well, it's been pointed out before that it was pretty foolish of Travelocity to specifically refer to the Fiji mistake in their guarantee. And I'm sure this language will be deleted. As for the smile on your face, I am smiling about the 50% off my 2-night stays in 4 Japanese cities. I think the Japan offer of one free night is really a pretty clever way to send a message to those who booked an entire summer/year, etc.

Most customers won't judge Travelocity based on how they handle these mistakes. Most customers do, however, expect that the problems they encounter while they are on the road are handled competently. And this is the real shortfall of the Travelocity guarentee. When my trip plans are impacted by some typhoon over Taiwan, I don't want to spend an hour on hold while an uneducated rep tries to verify that Taiwan is a few time zones away from Texas, and that "call back in the morning" won't work. And I don't want to talk to a call center in India, which invariably advises to call the airline. If they define the guarantee as "you never roam alone," this stuff needs to be fixed.