FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Anatole {US-TX}
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2006, 5:39 am
Karter

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Hilton Anatole

I stayed at the Hilton Anatole last week and enjoyed it very much. I'm HH Gold and I don't seem to have got an upgrade but I was put on the executive floor. I didn't get any bottled water or any in-room amenities, but I did get one bathrobe (although my room was booked for two people). The room itself was nice but nothing special. It had the standard pale colours and typical furnishings of most US Hiltons. The bathroom was slightly on the small side and quite dated but clean.

The executive lounge was the nicest I've seen (though in truth I've only seen four so far in my HH career). It was quite large with an area for dining tables and another area with various sofas and comfy chairs. The decor was modern and stylish with lots of deep glossy reds and dark wood. In the evening there was a selection of crudités, posh hors d'oeuvres and Mexican snacks (some warm cheesy fried quesadilla things, and some excellent home-made tortilla chips with two types of salsa and guacamole). Breakfast was continental and no hot dishes were provided at all (unless you count the toaster). I don't know if there would have been an option of hot breakfast elsewhere in the hotel - I didn't enquire about this.

As HH Gold I got access to the Veranda Club and Spa. This was one of the largest gyms I've ever seen connected to a hotel, and the indoor pool certainly was the largest I've seen. There was also a jacuzzi, two steam rooms, one sauna and an additional smaller outdoor pool. I don't know if access is given to all guests or just HH elites, but it's a very nice facility worth looking at.

The only issue I have with the hotel is the $26 parking charge. From your window you can see thousands of empty spaces so it doesn't seem necessary to charge for them. However, when I left the hotel after checking out, the parking attendant just asked for my room number and said I wouldn't have to pay. I don't know if this was because I stayed at a weekend or because I was a hotel guest.