FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Horrible #1Gold Service....what can I do?
Old Apr 22, 2006, 9:43 pm
Dreamworks

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
Horrible #1Gold Service....what can I do?

So I rented a Mustang convertible for three days from DFW to attend a memorial service for a friend's sister who died suddenly. On the way to the memorial, I opened the center console and I found a plastic water bottle, filled with tobacco spit. Obviously they didn't check this before renting it. I guess I'm lucky I didn't find drugs in there....

So I called the DFW office yesterday at 1PM and talked to the gal at the front desk and she said the manager would call me back. So he called when I was at the memorial and I called him back about 30 minutes later and left a voice mail. No call back.

I called the manager's number today, at 1:30 and told them I wanted a callback. No such luck. I'm done. The bottle in the car is totally secondary to this lack of respect. I'm going to Avis or National. I'm not asking for anything as a Gold member.....a call back is nothing special.

So now I want to talk to someone above "Ali", like the general manager or the regional guy. I'm totally disgusted with this lack of service. Perhaps I shouldn't be, but seeing as how Hertz is the most expensive always, I guess I expected more. No more....

Thoughts? Am I being too whiny?